FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to meet passenger at IAH?
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:15 pm
longhorn11

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
My friend's parents flew in from Poland, and he was able to meet them at the gate as well as walk them to the gate after obtaining a special pass.

Another friend was able to get a pass to meet her unaccompanied children at the gate, though I don't recall who she called to get passes.

Since this is China Air, I am not sure calling them would help, though it couldn't hurt. Since they are in *A, you could try UA next and see if they can help you or point you in the right direction.

You could also just come to checkin counter with printed itinerary and see if they could issue a pass through security.

Otherwise wait between term D and E where they will exit customs (having already cleared immigration).

One other though, IAH, like many other airports have volunteer ambassadors, and if you could find their phone number, they may be able to help you.
Interesting. I thought they eliminated this after 9/11 for everyone but unaccompanied minors. You used to be able to go to the airline and then they would clear it with security by giving you the pass. This was back in the late 1990s though.