FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evolve Money
Thread: Evolve Money
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:17 pm
WhiteRoom

I'll offer up some Wells Fargo/Evolve info. My mortgage is due on the 1st, late charge hits on the 16th. We had always ACH'd out of our checking on the 7th. I paid via Evolve for the first time in March, over the first weekend (two payments each day). All four payments arrived on Monday the 3rd and were put into unapplied funds even though they added to exactly the payment. They sat in unapplied funds for three days before I called to see what was up (so I could cancel the ACH). The CSR told me that they would put in a "work order" to move them from unapplied funds to payment (that happened about five days later) and that they would also put in a "work order" to have this happen automatically in the future. We will see if that happens or not. I don't believe there is any point in the weekend payments - everything goes into unapplied funds given Evolve's limit (unless you have a sub $1000 mortgage and a debit card with that much $ on it). The one thing I don't quite understand is people's comments about payments going to principal if you make them prior to the due date - but to be safe I am going to continue to make Evolve payments on the 1st and 2nd of every month then hopefully the move from unapplied funds to payment will be automatic.