FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Liquids gate-confiscated at EZE, but duty free OK???
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:51 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ka9taw
I have flown international flights to the US from all over the world, and never been told sorry you can't bring water aboard to keep yourself hydrated before on a flight out of Europe or Asia or Mexico or Canada. Obviously you can't bring water through a security checkpoint, but water purchased after security? That was the part that was new to me. What makes EZE different?
FWIW exactly that happened to us a few years ago flying on UA out of PVR, after buying a couple of bottles less than 30 feet from the gate.

We boarded feeling very annoyed but it helped Mrs. Fredd's need for hydration with her medication when a sympathetic FA immediately provided us with a liter bottle.

Of course it was also PVR where the clean-shaven security folks confiscated my Gillette Sensor Excel blades on another flight.