FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:31 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by weero
If you know a way to trick LCCs, I mean any legal avenue that would make a great contribution!
Weero I think that you have missed the core value of the contribution made by FD1971!

He described many tricky (and for the involved parties sucking) measures of the LCC to get money out of people. Like taxpayers, naive local politicians and other people not flying at the moment.

I think that FD1971 wanted to say that the fare policy of the LCCs is not honest - if you speak openly and in public.

I remember an advertised 1 Euro for of one of those LCC which was - in fact a fraud. Noone was able to book the fare unless an overexpensive return flight was added. One-way flights where the "1 Euro" fare was available were priced ocmpletely different.

Many years have passed since that "offer" and now the LCCs have refined their revenue integrity. Charging nearly for everything which Lufty automatically includes in price.

So the LCCs are the kings of unbundling as you may say but no serious competitors.