FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:44 am
szehui

Hi all, and thanks for the help in advance. I'm on DL SkyMiles right now, but wondering if I should change.

For members asking for information, to help people to assist you, can you please provide:
(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
(upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, free - discounted lounge access, etc.)
Reply:
Getting to award travel for the family is most important. The odd upgrade every once in a while is nice, but just gravy.

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
(<25000, 25000-50000, >50000 miles - <25, 25-50, >50 flights?)
Reply:
I'm 1-2x a month, definitely a sector flyer. My destinations seem to alternate between SLC and SDF. At 1 trip a month, I'm at 48 segments/year.

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
(First, Business, Premium economy, Economy, cheapest)
Reply:
Economy - cheapest available when I'm informed I need to be somewhere. However, sometimes I only get about a week of notice that I need to be somewhere.

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply:
Travelling mainly for work. Work strongly prefers Delta and UA.

(5) Which routes do you fly most often
(US Domestic, Transpacific, Kangaroo, in Asia etc)
Reply:
Mainly US domestic. Destinations are SDF and SLC.

(6) What is your home airport?
(SFO, SCL, London LHR, HKG, Singapore SIN etc.)
Reply: RIC

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
(AA Executive Platinum, UA 1K, LAN Comodoro, etc)
Reply:
No status anywhere, a small number of miles I'm willing to walk away from on SkyMiles and AAdvantage (or redeem on a small item in the various shopping portals). I do have a Delta Gold SkyMiles American Express, that I don't use for anything (Hyatt Gold Passport card works better for me).

(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply:
Delta appears to have the best schedule out of RIC to anywhere.