FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK [Attractions in and around Edinburgh, Wales and London]
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:55 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
For saving money, get all day tickets (buy on board) for the local buses. Lets you hop on and hop off as you like.

The National Gallery - also free - on the Mound has a nice collection. The National Portrait Gallery on Queen St has recently been refurbished, and is also pretty cool now.

I like St Giles Cathedral, if only for the Chapel of the Order of the Thistle - it's a very small fee to get it, but its gorgeous.

Go out on the Maid of the Forth - a boat trip out in the Firth of Forth. http://www.maidoftheforth.co.uk

Or if you are coming in Spring, get the train to North Berwick, and go out to see the gannet colony on the Bass Rock.

Edinburgh Zoo has pandas and a great penguin colony.

in short, Edinburgh has a shed load of different kinds of tourist attractions... I guess if you really don't know what to see/do, it might be better investing in a guide for the city and starting from there? Anything we say/suggest will be just our random suggestions out of a plethora. What is it you like to see/do? And when are you coming?