FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA / US Reciprocal Elite Benefits [Master Thread]
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:12 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
If you read my post as closely as you've undoubtedly read and memorized each post spanning the 65 pages of this thread, you'll see I only used one question mark because I only had one question. My question was "Is this going to change in the future?" There's plenty more to my story as to why I'm asking this question, but didn't feel it necessary to post 1,000 words to support why I'm asking the question I'm asking ... nor should I be required to do so in order to fend off those few condescending travel experts/trolls of FT.

I would guess the answer to my question posed above is yes, but I was more curious as to when this change will occur - perhaps I should have been more specific and, would welcome some flaming around my lack of specificity as a result. However, this is not something addressed in the wiki or by AA.com so I was wondering if anyone had additional information. One gentleman at the AA gate with me after I asked about an upgrade (after the AA representative asked if I would like one, ironically ... perhaps he didn't read the 65 pages here, but I digress), an AA Exec Plat, said (not so condescendingly) the reciprocal first class upgrades would be implemented in "a few months". Thus the reason for my posting this single question to the forum.
You don't have to read thru 65 (or if you have your FT settings changed, 25) pages to find the answer. There are links at the top in the wiki post that contain the latest info. I found it in 30 seconds that decisions haven't been made on upgrade policies and that there would be an announcement made when there was. As it's an important benefit to both airlines' elites, neither airline is going to hide that info.

There would also be a sticky thread discussing it - something like "The Definitive AA/US Upgrading Guide."

Outside of what was announced already when they became a company, the only other change announced was the F meals alignment. We also know that US will not join OW until March 31. Common sense would dictate that any new changes to the FFP won't be announced until it gets closer to joining OW. Even then, what's said may be "we're still working on it - we'll let you know" with no definitive timeframe.

Unfortunately, the ExPlat you talked to could really only give his opinion and his speculation - just like any of us could. We all hope it's sooner rather than later.

A friendly tip - if you think something may have been asked multiple times, try a few searches. People here are much warmer if you begin by saying something like "Hey I did a few searches and didn't come up with anything. Can someone tell me ...?"

People here are generally nice folks, but they're human. The ones that frequent the forum may have seen a question about 20 times already and can get annoyed when someone doesn't at least bother to try to look first before asking.