FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Workplace Discrimination Issues Related to Pat-Downs
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:31 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Stereotypes. An adult male spends time around a young boy, and the default reaction of strangers is "that adult might be abusing that boy, I'd better keep an eye on him". An adult female spends time around a young boy, and few strangers give it a second thought.
Given the frequent highly publicized instances of female school teachers engaging in sex with underage male students, I'm not so sure people still believe that stereotype.

I think it's clear that this only goes one way. I think it's equally clear who it benefits.

If the requirement for promotion is to spend 'x' amount of time in each of several functions, then why would women get denied promotion because they've been forced to spend time groping instead of screening checked baggage? Why wouldn't men be equally penalized because they're not doing their fair share of groping?

Level the playing field - make them all spend the same amount of time groping and in baggage screening to qualify for promotion. So the guys would take longer to qualify because they never have to grope; well, the women take longer because they're forced to spend too much time groping.