FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:07 pm
bribro

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by apollo_creed
Yes this just happened today.
I called the # on the back of the card and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Gonna call back tomorrow and talk to someone else.
I've now made about 10 phone calls to Barclays and HawaiianMiles trying to fix this issue, and have spoken to 10 different people in the process. Everyone is pretty much clueless, but from what I've gathered once Barclays issues a HA FF# for you, even if you specified an existing HA FF# on your CC application, it can never be changed. They tried to change it three times for me, but it apparently reverts back to the original FF#. I now have four HA CCs with the same, incorrect FF# on them.

As a workaround, I tried to see if HawaiianMiles could merge my old, existing FF# into the new one that Barclay's generated for me. No dice. I'm being told that HawaiianMiles accounts cannot be merged; the only "solution" is to transfer the miles to the new FF# and use that account from now on. So I'll have to use this new FF#, and have my separate, older FF# lay dormant with all my flight history, member since date, etc.

As compensation for wasting at least two hours of my time, Barclays did offer to waive the $89 AF for me. I'd rather have that time back though.