FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:51 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
So I just sat in 4J on DFW-GRU last night. Agree with what everyone says about the seat, for 6'+ and big feet, it is so much better than the DL flat bed on the 767s.

I also really liked the minicabin, when I sat down and probably through dinner. But then I wanted to sleep. I always sit in the mini cabin on CX and I have never heard so much noise generated in a galley before. It was like they were walking in and throwing containers down, slamming things, etc. I think this experience reflects poorly on this crew and so am hoping maybe I'll get another trip in the mini cabin where they keep the noise down more. Even with ear plugs/ noise cancelling head phones I was intermittently woken up during the end of the dinner service and the start of the breakfast service.

Otherwise, I'm impressed, great seat, good IFE, WIFI was a nice touch even if slow. I'm never impressed with airline meals, and this flight was no exception. I didn't like th meals on order so did an advanced order of a veg meal. It was pretty weak, mostly a pile of rice and some overcooked green beans.