FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:34 am
danger

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Nachtmeister
In case Hyatt should still deny BRG claims for sites like hoteltravel.com or otel.com based solely on the free membership created when booking there, just let Dana Mowrey know. She is obviously in charge of managing the BRG process/procedures and kindly keeps contributing actively to this thread. Now that her January 25 statement that "any site that automatically creates a membership is an ineligible site" is not true anymore, the BRG procedures have probably been adjusted accordingly already.
Ms Mowrey has kindly posted since your post containing the information you received in an email but I note she didn't alter her earlier position that membership-based sites aren't eligible.

Has Hyatt's position officially changed? If there's one thing we know from this thread it's that the outcome of a BRG claim can depend on the operator, the day of the week and the position of the moon in relation to Jupiter.

My point is that unless there is certainty that Hyatt has rightly changed its position on membership sites, I'm not sure how the rest of us can benefit from your very valuable email.