FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need tips for booking Europe summer vacation
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:42 pm
pritomd

Programs: DL, Marriott
Need tips for booking Europe summer vacation

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Europe to visit London/England and Paris/France. This is the first time we've booked a big trip like this, and we're wondering the best way to use our money.

Right now, we're seeing LivingSocial all-inclusive (save for meals) deals that look good.

However, I'm trying to see if I can use my miles to book our trip in business or first.

That leads me to my first question

A) All my miles are with American. It's seeming that if I use the lower mileage options, it still costs around $1200 per ticket. Is there some way to reduce the surcharge like flying via other airports? These are for tickets to/from LHR.

B) Would it be cheaper to book an all inclusive package, which includes hotels and tours and whatnot? Is there a good place to book those, but without the flights included in the price?

C) Any other tips for booking this? Such as what sites to use, etc? Right now we're mainly looking on LivingSocial and also AA.com for pricing. We're trying to figure out if we should do some sort of package or if individually planning the trip might be a better option...

The dates would be in July sometime.