FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TYP flight redemption: Prestige $0.0133 - $0.016/pt until 7/2017, Premier $0.0125/pt.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:28 pm
lkar

Has anyone had any experiences, positive or negative, with getting connexions/TY to go to bat for you on a cancellation for a schedule change?

Short story is that I booked a ticket with points departing PHX at 6:30 a.m. on UA. I was already ambivalent about leaving that early, because I'm flying TATL later that day on a split ticket. Now the flight has been moved back to 6:00 a.m., and there's just no way I'm going to fly it. There's nothing later in the day on UA that doesn't make me nervous about my connection, but I can get a good flight on AA around 8:00 a.m. for about $150, so I'll probably just do that and eat the ticket. $150 for two extra hours of sleep before a big flight is a bit extravagant, but just thinking about that 6:00 a.m. makes me tired.

Anyway, I've had decent luck dealing with UA on getting refunds for schedule changes. Thirty minutes is pretty minor, but given the time of day, I'd certainly take a shot or two if I had booked it directly to try to appeal to their discretion to get a refund. Since it's a TY ticket, though, I'd need to go through connexions' schedule change department. I've had one experience with them and it was unpleasant. In fact, I find that they pretty much seem only to know the word "no" in general at connexions. Has anyone had a different experience, or do you know any magic words to get them to try to be your friend on a request like this? Last time I dealt with their schedule people, it was a 30 minute hold and lots of frustration, so if this one is simply a no go from the get go, I'll probably just pass.