FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My second trip report: British Airways Club World LHR-PHX
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:59 pm
theLuxuryTravelExpert

Programs: SPG Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Executive, LH Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by icegirl
Lovely review. Did you not use the BA T5 Lounges - if so how was your experience there?
Thank you for your kind comment about my review (I am fairly new here, so still learning a lot, and appreciating any feedback).

I did use the BA T5 lounges (South Gallery). As an AAdvantage Executive Platinum, I had access to the first class lounge. These are my impressions of T5 and the lounges:
- I love terminal 5. Despite the fact that many don’t like it, I think it is one of the most wonderful and beautiful terminal buildings in Europe. I transit through London Heathrow T5 at least once a month, and have never encountered any major problems (so far). For your information: I always travelled as a business class passenger (with fast lane access) and I realize that transiting on an economy ticket may be a challenge in T5 considering the long lines and waiting times I observe from time to time.
- While the UAE and certain Asian lounges are certainly better, the BA T5 Galleries Club Lounges are excellent and among the best – if not the best – in Europe (Virgin’s new lounge is better though): modern décor, reliable high speed internet, undeniable British ambience, a lot of space, tons of food (albeit of mediocre quality but there is a lot of variation and at noon a buffet with salads and warm food is opened), presence of a spa (with short, complimentary treatment), and decent shower facilities.
- BA T5 Galleries First Lounges are rather average IMHO, as there is only a marginal difference with the Club Lounge on the floor above (there is a small menu & buffet has more options, but that’s it). It’s just very hard to notice any difference in experience between flying first and business with British Airways from a “lounge/ground perspective” (unlike Air France and Lufthansa which have amazing first class terminals and ground service in Paris and Frankfurt respectively).