FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to complain to Emirates/Skywards
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:06 pm
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NOIR
When I had my issue with Skywards there were two out comes, the mods giving EK personal information on forum users which I doubt. The other was a EK media team that tracks everything on the net related to EK.

If they do have a social media team then it's a great way to get feed back, opinions, and basically the mind set of people posting on the net.

Why they don't take part, well what's to say they don't? Do you really know who is who on the forum?
Originally Posted by m3red
This place is monitored by ek. I know this because I know someone who does it!
Let me clarify a couple of things. First of all, be completely assured that neither Zol or I reveal any personal details on any FT member to EK. They'd have more information on you than we would anyway. FT guidelines are crystal clear when it comes to privacy and data protection.

Also understand that yes, there is a social media team at EK who monitors "social media", with FT being a part of that ecosystem. A tiny part. Zol and I have met this team briefly. We have zero influence on what they do or how they interact with FT - and we have tried to engage them, more than once.

My personal opinion (and it is just that) is that EK are not really sure how to deal with or manage FT. While we think our little fishpond is important, in the overall scheme of things - we are not really representative of their target market. We're a niche subset. Yes, an important one when it comes to rapid feedback - but if EK's strategy is still the same as it was a year or so ago - EK's whole mission in life is to provide air travel to the entire Indian subcontinent. 70% of their income is generated from the Y cabin. No other airline I know overbooks Y as much as EK does.

Frequent flyers are simply a thorn in the side of the airlines grander plans. According to some on here who are in the know, the program is going to get tougher...not easier. But then again, so are most other airline loyalty programs.

Look at the devaluation of BA, of QF, of the major US carriers etc. The landscape is changing. Get used to it.

I still like EK. I like the fleet, I like the fact that they have the ability to invest in a solid ground experience, and have the best technology onboard. Their F cabin and experience is right up there. Not consistent - but still excellent on most days.

I'd love EK to engage with us - and believe me, Zol and I have tried. But dont hold your breath for an official EK lurker to be appointed anytime soon.

And yes, there are a handful of staff who post here. Anonymously. And it will remain that way