FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have You Been Dinged for Fuel?
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:55 pm
worldwidedreamer

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by FFlash
I was just scammed 125SEK (20$) on fuel.

I drove a diesel Volvo about 180km, which should take max 10liters = some 140SEK at pump price. Refuelled some 136SEK before returning the car, but the gauge did not show full -> refuelled again but the pump did not want to pump anymore. On return I told this (driven 180km and refuelled, but gauge showing near-to-full), and the AVIS rep told me "no problem, if there is really a liter missing, it is OK".

Got the receipt and OK. Later checked my credit card and found 125SEK higher charge, requested a new receipt at AVIS and saw the new added 125SEK fuel cost!!

No reply from them. I am furious about these scams. Not for the tiny 20 bucks but for the nuisance and effort to try to fix things spending my time. Question of principle.
Not sure whether you were returning to TLV, but my return was $80 more expensive than it should have been including a $20 fuel charge for a full tank and a $50 charge they cannot document. I'm disputing with my credit card.