FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to complain to Emirates/Skywards
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:35 pm
NOIR

Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed.

By taking part, I mean actively responding to problems, explaining policies and providing feedback in an open manner, ideally as a declared representative.

Until recently on the Qatar forum there was just such a guy who could and would do this sort of thing, and although I never used his services, he certainly seemed helpful in many cases from what I read.
Well if we had an active EK social member on this forum my problem with Skywards would be solved in a minute once the human factor comes into play.

The one biggest problem I have in Dubai is people not thinking out side the box. Employees are always afraid of making a mistake that they will have to pay for in the end. Basically just plain common sense is missing sometimes.

What's to say the monitoring is not out sourced to India, or some other country which I wouldn't be surprised.

I've also noticed one pattern that most if not all the EK employees have over time, and I know a lot of them on all levels. The pattern is that they just don't really care about they're company period. I find this sad when talking to them because I use to admire EK, but they just don't want to talk about the company in a positive manner. Every thing from how unorganized the company is, it's a miracle any aircraft leaves the ground, can't wait to leave EK and the UAE in general, etc, etc I could write a short book. Just go to Zinc on any given night and you'll hear it all. It's a shame that I have more respect for a company than most of it's employees. Also astonished how uninformed, and uninterested most of the employees are, you wonder sometimes do they even work in the aviation industry???

Well like I said they lost me because they no longer have that personal touch. A response from them was only a click away, but so is my next purchase of an airline ticket that I get to choose only a click away. All the marketing in the world won't help them concerning me, I'm a loyal customer only to those who deserve my loyalty.

Classic corporate mistake, focus on getting new customers, and who cares about the existing customers.