FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:42 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Strawboy1230
Wait as in cancel my citi exec and then wait? or regardless of what happens I just have to wait 1-2 years for it to rest (even though I might still have the Citi Exec?)
You can apply for another 100K Exec 8 days after your last app for a single Citi cc. You most likely will not be approved for an AA Plat card within at least 12 but more probably 18 months after any application for an AA Exec card.

With AMEX and Chase, you have to cancel a card and then wait a year before reapplying for the same card.

You do not need to cancel anything with Citi. I have 4 regular AA cards {Plat and Signature} open right now. And I still was approved for the Exec card several weeks ago.

Each Citi card has a different set of rules. Right now, as best we know, you have to wait 12 to 24 months after you get any type of AA card before you can get another 50K mile AA card. But you only have to wait 8 days after applying for any type of card from Citi, and 65 days after applying for any two Citi cards of any type, to apply for another 100K Exec card.

I know it's confusing that the rules are not only different from Bank to Bank, but in the case of Citi, the rules vary from card to card. If you want to really succeed at this miles and points game, you have to do your homework.