FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:48 pm
Strawboy1230

Originally Posted by Happy
They are correct. You need a lot more reading / learning to do regarding how Citi operates regarding the AAdvantage card. The WIKI is very helpful - have you read that and digest that?

Empirical data have been:

The previous Plat cards do not interfere the Exec card.

The Exec card interfere the Plat cards and re-start the clock of the 18-24 months wait.

Citi is no Chase. The different product concept is Chase's concept, does NOT apply to Citi which consider all AAdvantage cards of any kind are the SAME type.

You can, of course, try to do it your own way and report back. Most likely you would be adding to yet another date point on what we have already found out - hence the advices given in the other thread. But do feel free to reinvent the wheel and may be you would be the first one discovers something has changed and then please report back so the community would benefit.
Wait as in cancel my citi exec and then wait? or regardless of what happens I just have to wait 1-2 years for it to rest (even though I might still have the Citi Exec?)