FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:44 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Strawboy1230
I have a quick clarification question- I just posted in the 100k Citi Exec thread asking if I could apply for the Plat 3 months from now after having just gotten my Citi Exec. They said wait 12-26 months. Is this true?

I thought this was an entirely different product. Is the bonus only for new Citi cardholders? Or just ones who've never had the Plat?
They are correct. You need a lot more reading / learning to do regarding how Citi operates regarding the AAdvantage card. The WIKI is very helpful - have you read that and try to digest that?

Empirical data have been:

The previous Plat cards do not interfere the Exec card.

The Exec card interferes the Plat cards and re-starts the clock of the 18-24 months wait.

Citi is no Chase. The different product concept is Chase's concept, does NOT apply to Citi which considers all AAdvantage cards of any kind are the SAME type.

You can, of course, try to do it your own way and report back. Most likely you would be adding to yet another date point on what we have already found out - hence the advices given in the other thread. But do feel free to reinvent the wheel and may be you would be the first one discovers something has changed. If you do, please report back so the community would benefit.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 6, 2014 at 5:16 pm Reason: typo and grammar