FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:15 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by PRHusky
Jon: were you able to book JNB-AUH-JFK as one award?
Most definitely not (I understand where the question was coming from though!)

In fact, I had it booked as a business-on-both-flights award for about 10 minutes in the morning and the phone AAgent was about to send it off to ticketing, at, you guessed it, the single award price.

Part of me was gonna let her do it just to see what happened (on the "hey, ya need know" theory) -but- since I had to leave where I was (2 hours by plane from JNB) and knew there was no real chance of it going through as a single award-- even in the "rush" of things-- I corrected the AAgent, politely, and asked if it shouldn't be two awards, knowing I simply couldn't risk getting to JNB and having to sort it there on 90 minute connection I built for myself (flew MN GRJ-JNB on a purchased ticket.)

Then it became irrelevant anyway as award F opened up on EY minutes after I hung up. OR might have even been there the whole time, I was just rushed and iPad was dying etc.

Short answer is, of course, Africa to N.America cannot connect in mideast zone-- which I know is what/why you asked!