FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:31 pm
AICML

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just completed a stay here and it was by far the best treatment I have received as a Hilton diamond member. Was allowed early check in around 7am in the morning with an upgrade to a king bedroom suite. Received a welcome platter of nuts, candies, and fruit with a hand written welcome card from the GM. Free breakfast and internet. On the last night of the stay got the farewell chocolate cake and card thanking us for our business. Also, was my husband's birthday the day we checked out and when we returned to our room from breakfast received a birthday cake and also a happy birthday from the front desk staff when we left. Overall a really nice stay.

The location is also great for public transportation from IST as well as sightseeing in the historical area. I don't take taxis so it was nice that the hotel is directly across from the university tram stop. We used the tram/metro to and from the airport which was convenient. On the way to the hotel the tram was really crowded but when we left for the airport on a Sunday empty and much more relaxing.

We thought the breakfast spread was nice and varied enough for the 3 days we were there. You can get made to order pancakes, french toast, waffles, and eggs on top of a selection of hot buffet items, a variety of cheeses, meats, olives, breads, and a yogurt bar with various fruit/nut toppings. We especially enjoyed the honey comb.