FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:38 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gamecock
No need to register for an account, just click here. Make sure you see availibility in the column marked "guest."

I just booked tickets from BKK-AUH (one award) and AUH-IAD for the entire family.

First seg has the DW and I in J, with 3 in steerage.
Second has the DW and I in F and 2 of the family the family in J. The third is routing through JFK in J.

Agent was great, just spoon fed them the flights I wanted.
Was able to use that incredibly-easy-to-use link above to score awards home from JNB, JNB-AUH-JFK with the AUH-JFK in F (I'm on it right now in fact, and enjoying the hell out of it.)

I find that link to actually be one of he easiest-- maybe even the single easiest-- ways to find a given partner's AAdv award possibilities No logging in, quick results, page stays if you leave the page on an iPad, etc. Really simple and great.

One note of caution, the US immigration/customs pre-clearance at AUH is not, presently, working at all well. I posted my experience on TB, and have since heard universally bad reviews from all EY people (and customers) I've encountered-- really really bad.

Take the later AUH-JFK as it has no preclearance until/unless they get this worked out.

A summary: http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...40&postcount=6