FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Fare Class O
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:50 am
NW69

Programs: AS MVP
I should've mentioned the other complication...

Originally Posted by TProphet
Alaska has officially confirmed with me that fare class O is not a valid routing. I wrote about this in detail here if you'd like to read more. It is not a consolidator fare, it's a regular paid fare bucket so you need to be careful!
I should've mentioned the other complication associated with this particular ticket I bought going from LAX to BNA a few weeks ago.

I bought the ticket on US Airways' website.

This ticket was odd. On aa.com, the flight I flew on (AA 1360 on 02/22/14) wasn't available for purchase, but on US Airways' site, it was being sold for $123.00. This was a good deal, in my eyes, as I bought the ticket literally the day before my departure. The boarding pass I got says on the bottom, "Sold As US Airways," which I'm assuming is the reason why AS isn't crediting my miles for the AA 1360 flight, even though it was on AA metal and my AS MVP status was recognized and I was allowed to sit up in MCE without paying the extra fee.

Wish I had paid a little more attention to the fare class I was booking this ticket in before clicking on "Purchase." Lesson learned!