FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A+ Elite Member - Worth giving Southwest a shot?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:29 pm
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Thanks for the reply. I am worried that they were touting expanded routes but it seems they are just killing off the AirTran routes. IE there was 3 flights a day ATL to LAX each way. Now I am left with one AirTran option each way or take Southwest with 6 options... all require stops. None are Non-Stop. And some are AirTran and some are Southwest. So 4 flights to handle one trip... and don't think that adds up to more credits does it?
Southwest at one time advertised "More nonstops to more places" That was always over inflated.

So far on the routes I fly I am seeing Southwest replace Airtan more or less 1 to 1. That may not be the case on every route.

It is disheartening to see Southwest reduce non-stops from ATL to LAX. hat seems to conflict with their effort to attact more Business Passengers and move to longer routes.

I bill my time at relatively low rates but the cost savings don't come close to making a flight that takes twice as along worthwhile. Yes I can bill some work in the air, but Southwest's WiFi sucks and working in an airport sucks more.

Also you don't get any credit for stopping a number of times. In fact Southwest usually charges extra for the stops.