FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:14 pm
JNelson113

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sfolawyer
Can someone offer more details about the club such as when they serve food, cocktail hours and quality, etc.? We are booking through Amex Plat so breakfast in the restaurant is already included, which makes the club slightly duplicative. Nonetheless, we generally we like being able to hang in a club, particularly because I usually need to hit the laptop for an hour or two at least each day. Question is whether it is worth $178 US extra per night for two people.

(One reason I ask is that the offerings vary so much by hotel. For instance, at the Grand Hyatt Kauai recently, we were comped into the club for one night and I was somewhat astonished to find that the hotel charged for cocktails there. Since we didn't pay for the club privileges, I had no basis to complain but had we paid $$ for the club, I would have felt a bit ripped off.)
Full disclosure: I've never been to the club, although I hear from others that it's great, but I have stayed at this hotel at least fifteen times and always eat the breakfast buffet at the main restaurant, Harbourside, because it is wonderful food with a spectacular view. Given that you already have this breakfast included, I don't see as much point to the club, especially at that price. I would save the money and use it going out to eat in Hong Kong. You can also get in-room internet access for $20 US (or free if you are Platinum).