FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Premium Economy Experiences and Thoughts [consolidated]
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:28 pm
Cameron38

Programs: Thai
Originally Posted by boltjames
Awesome, thanks so much. A few more questions if you don't mind:

1. Is it somewhat accurate to say that CX Premium Economy seats are akin to the old-school Business Class seats found in 747's circa 2005? Before the lie-flat-private-cabin craze, business class seating meant a wider seat with more recline and a legrest. Some had pneumatic lumbar support, but from a topline perspective, is a comparison to those older business class seats about right from a size/recline/comfort perspective?

2. The old business class seats had legrests and footrests that supported the lower body enough so that you could sleep somewhat comfortably on your side. In what you just experienced on CX Premium Economy was the footrest enough to do the trick or is side sleeping out of the question? Must one only sleep on one's back in these seats due to the lack of a legrest between the knees and feet? I actually don't care about legroom. What I care about is recline and support that is sufficient to sleep comfortably on my side during flight.

Thanks again.

BJ
In my experience, the footrests are useless for anyone over about 5'7". They don't extend far enough for a 6 footer like me. The seats are comfortable but you would have to be a pretty small framed person to sleep on your side.