FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Best Price guarantee
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:33 am
nsummy

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I fail to see the connection. But yes, I am the type of guy who when someone questions being denied a promotion, goes to the text of the promotional terms and conditions. Crazy. I do not know enough about the individual's comparative rates to make the same conclusions you do. For example, one rate may "allow a cancellation" up to 2 days before, with a fee of $75, and another, up to 4 days out , with no fee. In that case, "better" would be subjective. More importantly, I am trying to provide correct, helpful information that is generally useful to others. I see you are not interested in doing that and instead make a post solely to make an odd personal attack but I have no apologies.
First off, BRG is not a promotion, its a standard operating procedure of theirs'. Its part of the program, not some great deal they are extending for a limited time that we are lucky to get to begin with.

Second, I think its pretty obvious with most of these 3rd party booking sites. Most of them allow cancellation the day of or a day or 2 before for FREE. They state it in plain letters. I have yet to see one charge $75, unless its club carlson.

3rd. In your quest to provide helpful and accurate information, you seem to belittle anyone who doesn't read the very fine print. Or someone who does read the fine print and assumes (like many who have posted here) that CC won't deny their claim.

CC's website states in giant letters: "you can book any hotel on clubcarlson.com with no booking fees and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web - guaranteed. "

Then in extremely fine print they have these exclusions that your average consumer would not find as appealing as the giant marketing text. There are certain businesses you expect stuff like this from: used car dealerships.