FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summer Specials for Phoenix hotels - when?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:52 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by djohannw
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak $116 (AAA)
Westin Kierland Resort $143 (Hot Escapes)
Marriott's Canyon Villas $135 (Prepaid)
Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas $89 (AAA)
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass $106 (AAA)
I've done plenty of staycations in Phoenix. Summer is the perfect time to hit those resorts actually, if you're into the pool. Pools are pretty much useless anyways from Nov-March when it's too cold. Not familiar with the two "Villas" above. Out of the other three hotels, Pointe is usually the cheapest. I want to say I've stayed there for ~$90 AAA a couple years ago.

The most family-friendly resorts with great pool areas would include Pointe Squaw Peak, Hyatt Gainey Ranch and Marriott Desert Ridge. I really like Hyatt because they have many different pools that are segmented off from one another and plus they have a sandy beach. Westin has a lazy river and I think it might be longer than the one at Pointe (if my memory serves right), but I don't like how Westin has one big pool where everyone's congregating with alcohol in hand and it's like one big meat market but with families and kids also mixed in. Hyatt, I think it may have been ~$120/night. Marriott about the same.