FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Lounge FAQs and updates
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:35 pm
ayeaway

Originally Posted by Aquitania
"Aspiring to be a sheikh". Good one. I did not realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada. Not all sheikhs are wealthy and stupid, for your information. I didot realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada.

Call me a snob but I do not care about the fare. I want something, consider it important for me at this point of time - and I get it, no matter what it is - like all of us would do. Equally I can fly in economy class and still enjoy the ride, there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for trying to comment on my behalf.
It is your money and you can do with it as you wish. I too would be trying to get the best value for my buck by getting the FCL.

What gets my goat is people moaning about not getting stuff when someone else is picking up the tab.

A while ago it was one of my colleagues birthdays so a couple of us took him out for a meal after work. I picked up the tab for the night as I knew the other two were a little shy on funds. A decent night was had.

A couple of days later I heard that Mr. X who we had taken out was moaning that the restaurant didn't have in stock some wine he wanted an how crap that was. I raised the matter with him in front of the other two and asked for his share of the bill (which I made sure I got) Now he had reason to complain about how crap the restaurant was.

Another time a somewhat senior colleague was retiring and seemed an okay kind of guy so there was the whip round. Much ado with goodbyes and a helicopter pilot was even asked to give him a flyby.

A couple of months later he turned back up on our installation as a contractor as if nothing had happened and a lot of people where rather pissed of about this. My conversation with him went Hi Mr. Y good to see your keeping healthy how's the Mrs. now can I have the money back I put into your retirement whip round.

I tell it like it is as I find although makes it harder sometimes in the end makes it easier although I digress.

Back OT if I were you I would want FCL as well.