FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:32 pm
Halo117

Programs: AA, UA, WN
I know this is the "Goodbye" thread but I think I will say "goodbye, until you change your ways". I am currently sitting in the DFW United club (on an AA ticket) and all I can say is that I am moving my business back to AA. I left for CO in 2010 due to bad IRROPS handling at AA and crummy planes. The astonishing thing is that AA has truly stepped up their game and now feels "refreshing" compared to the doom and gloom that has become UA. Now I am trepid to go all in, but UA lost its way. I come from the CO side, but even looking beyond the gripes from pmUA folks, it was good and was ahead of AA at the time. I feel the current leaders don't know what to do and think "shrinking to profitability" is the answer: I disagree. The most telling is that when in the Skylink all i saw was UA express (no mainline) next to all the AA mainline (hub of course) AS, DL, and Frontier aircraft. It saddens me to say this as I really thought they would right the ship, but when UA thinks everyone will shrink all they do is get bigger with better amenities.

Now I truly wish UA will correct its ways, but at this stage I now realize that UA is not listening and I will be switching my travel to AA (when possible). As I said I used to fly AA quite often and I know the baggage it comes with, but the way UA has truly sunk is saddening. Safe travels to all.

Halo117