FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines Business Upgrade at Desk
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:01 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cadencotard
Hello!

I need to go to New York for just a quick 4 night trip on March 14. I've booked my tickets with Brussels Airlines (SN501/SN502) in Economy.
Since I'll need to be well rested when I come back to Brussels (I have to head to the city as soon as I land - also I have another trip to New York planned for 2 weeks later so I better not play too much with jet lag and stuff) I was wondering how much an upgrade to Business Class would be at the gate? I'm extremely afraid of flying (I fly a lot and it's getting worse and worse) and flying business definitely helps ease the pain (I flew Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class last year and it really made a difference) but I'm not willing to spend more than $800 just for a few hours of rest (don't really care about the food/wine/champagne nor the IFE since I'll have my computer with me). I know that many airlines offer good deals at the desk (I've heard stories about World Traveller Economy + upgrades being offered for only $150 on most British Airways flights if upgraded at the desk - right now when I try to upgrade my April flight to Newark it costs $630 each leg).

I've been searching online but since Brussels Airlines is such a small airline there's not much information from customers... Hope this helps future customers too!
If you can't afford J, just take a powerful sleeping pill that will knock you out for the entire flight.