FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts about my free iphone app - WhatsApp
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:33 pm
workandski

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I had never heard of WhatsApp until I visited some friends in Brazil last year. Everyone seemed to be using it there.

One of my Brazilian friends was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing chemo. She and her friends set up a WhatsApp chat in which we send her good wishes and bad jokes and she sends us regular updates on how she is doing. She even sends a photo of herself once a week so we can see how she looks in various wigs, scarves, etc. (She lost her hair after a few weeks of chemo). It is a terrific app for that purpose and it's been fun getting to know some of her friends through their posts. I also like the idea of reading her updates without having to repeatedly ask her how she feels. (As it turns out, she is doing very well and is expected to go back to her old life in a few months.)

There may be another app that can do this, but I've been really impressed with WhatsApp.