FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] UA: LAX-BAH $703 ai RT (19,182 Miles; 3.7cpm; K fare)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:42 am
sna430

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Just finished the second trip to BAH. We still had just as much fun as the first trip. F1 was testing at the Bahrain International Circuit so that was neat to watch.

Right after landing in Kuwait, the flight attendants mentioned for those continuing to BAH that it was OK to explore the airport but you have to go through security at the gate. The flight was parked at a different gate than when we went in Nov. Kuwait's airport is not too big so you should have some time to go to the lounge and also buy some trinkets. Also the fresh squeezed juices are great and the food is much better than the plane's food. The lounge lady did request my *G card and boarding ticket

On the return, we decided to take the flyDubai option with a 7 hour layover in Dubai then connecting to DBX-IAD on UA. This was an option purchased directly on UA's website. Because of bad luck (fog in the morning), our flyDubai was delayed for 5 hours so we spent 7 very boring hours in BAH airport and jet lagged. I tried to use the Dilmum Lounge with only my 1k card. Lounge lady asked for the boarding pass and was instantly denied because we were on flyDubai flight. I showed them the UA DBX-IAD ticket and she did not care. I knew from the beginning it was a long shot. Anyways because of the delay, we did not get to explore Dubai for the 4.5 hours. Very disappointed. I would highly not recommend flyDubai because its a low cost carrier and the worst seats I have ever sat in. No space at all. I am surprised UA used them to fly people from BAH-DBX. Today, I noticed that the flyDubai option is no longer available.

Bottom Line: Had a blast and buying our Feb 2015 tickets as soon as they become available.