FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help booking J award AKL - YYZ
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:57 pm
mountaingrl

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by Safti
Hum... this is all so interesting. Yes, I heard that the south island is just wonderful. One of my thoughts on the itinerary is to go YYZ-SYD. Stay in SYD for a couple of days. Fly from SYD to Christchurch. Spend two weeks touring from Christchurch and ending up in AKL. Fly from AKL back to SYD and somehow manage to get from SYD back to YYZ. Originally I thought that I could get a reward seat in J to Christchurch but the agent says that she sees none available. I don't know if that means that NZ air hasn't loaded as yet or if they just don't release. If I have to buy a ticket between SYD and NZ (whether it's AKL or Christchurch) I will but I just didn't think I would have to do that. You are all so helpful and I really appreciate it.
No worries, you can go on the Aeroplan website and search for SYD-AKL or SYD-ZQN or SYD-CHC (search round trip as Aeroplan won't book a one way but you can give the information to an agent about availability) and see if some dates work. You can fly SYD-ZQN-CHC-AKL on Jan. 8 and 11, 13, 15, 17, 18th. But do some research and check out Queenstown, NZ (for the magnificent sites) and see if you may like to visit there. We have been to NZ 7 times (just came back on Thursday being away for a month). It is also super easy to take a bus from ZQN to CHC and it gives you a chance to see the country (or rent a car). It looks like NZ has dates released up to January 19 as I see almost every day in January (up to Jan. 19th) you can fly ZQN-CHC and CHC-AKL. Good luck with your trip!
Oh and no J on NZ domestic and I think just the 767s have J on the Tasman routing SYD-AKL.

Last edited by mountaingrl; Feb 22, 2014 at 11:11 pm