FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:40 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ZeroMile
I have one of those Personal Citi AAdvantage Visa (Gold Level) got it from last year (Aug 2013), and a World Master Bussiness from Dec 2013, Can I apply for Personal Citi AA Platinum Personal MasterCard with 50K? or I better off cancel my current Personal Visa gold first?
TIA.
Canceling your current personal card is irrelevant. Probably better to keep it open, then if you have to call Recon and move CL around, you can move the CL from the existing card to the new app. YES, even if it is the exact same type of card.

However, since your last personal Plat card is from last August, you would almost certainly be denied for either a Visa or MC. Read the Wiki, you have to wait a minimum of 12 months, probably better 18 months, to have a good chance of approval for a new one. Whether you are applying for a Visa or a MC does not matter.

You can, however, apply for the new Executive AA card. Double the miles, 100K. Yes it has a $10K minimum spend, but if that seems a problem, you need to check out the thread on Manufactured Spend. And you will have to decide if 100K miles are worth the $250 annual fee. Seems quite a deal to me.

The link for the thread on the 100K card is at the top of the Wiki, where it says: "Up to 100k miles Citi Executive AAdvantage offers."

But the part that says the annual fee is $450 is somewhat misleading. That is the AF, but they give you a statement credit of $200 as soon as you charge $200 on it, so the "real" AF is $250 in the end.