FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan - Toasty warm toilet seats a review (with a little bit of flying thrown in)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:13 pm
Joely

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Great report so far!

God I miss heated Japanese toilets (esp. in winter), its like your arse is in utopia ...
Glad you like it, I know what you mean about the lids, its going to be very hard going back to one of those medieval unheated affairs we have back home!

Originally Posted by TPJ
Nice report! I seriously contemplate go to Japan for (family) vacation. Reading your report Japan seems to be a must go destination
Do it! I love Japan its an amazing place and so different from the "west" that it is a must see I believe!

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Excitedly awaiting further reviews. One can note that these toilet lids are beginning to become available outside of Japan!
If they ever come to the UK I will be first in line!

Originally Posted by Askartus
I am glad to see, that I am not the only one fascinated by these japanese toilets. My favourite was the Toto TCF 521 (Hotel Granvia Kyoto).

Fair warning: Do NOT press the button labeled "Maintenance only" ...
Noted, although I haven't run into a model with such a button yet!

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'm partial to the happy face button on the lavs...I'm laughing thinking about them now
I can but imagine what such a button might do, I haven't experienced a happy face lid yet.

Originally Posted by Osakaboy
Welcome to Japan.

I am ready to see more pics of shower toilet which we call "Washlet".
Waiting for further reports.

I hope you enjoy(ed) your stay in Japan.
I love your country so thank you for the welcome! Sadly I'm sitting in the lounge now awaiting my flight home. I travel a lot on business and so generally am happy to head home but leaving Japan is hard because every time I come I love the place more!