FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 am
bill49mpr

I have a friend who works in Radisson group and I have had several past F&F bookings and some forthcoming bookings.
Received this email today for my upcoming booking in 3 days time. Don't know whether to ignore it or not and present my friends details at check-in.
Wording would seem to indicate that the friend/employee needs to have made the booking... New terms and conditions?

Thank you very much for your reservation/email.

As per company policy, we need to know the details of the person who booked the room for you.

Confirmation number: xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx (CRS reference)

We kindly ask you to provide the following information:

· The name of the person who made the reservation

· The hotel where he/she is working

· The position of the person who made the reservation.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Best regards,

Just an update on events.
I received a second identical email and replied that this booking was made by myself. It was a friends and family booking and not a staff booking and that I would be very happy to provide friends name and workplace at check-in as per terms and conditions of booking. I never heard another thing back and wasn't even asked for my friends details at check-in!

This was for Radisson Blu Portman London. Nice hotel. Very convenient to Oxford Street and Marble Arch. Wasn't offered an upgrade. Booked room was very small but typical of many London hotels. Nice breakfast and staff very friendly. Showing some weekend and mid week availability still for February.