FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:10 am
miles_navigator

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by apollo_creed
Does anyone have an idea of how the free checked bag works if you book with miles?

The fine print says "All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard premium product and purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines," so I figure using the card to pay the taxes qualifies, correct?
I bought a miles ticket using another credit card (before Barclay's came out). Even though the Barclays card was linked to my account the computer wouldn't let me get 1 free checked bag (maybe because of the terms you cut and pasted above).

I checked in the old fashioned way in JFK and one agent new about the card and waived the bag fees for me. The original check in agent was clueless so I'd take a print out of the card glossy which says free checked bag.

I assume if you pay for the miles ticket tax with the Barclay's card then take the glossy ad along with you just in case they want to charge you.