FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyal US Member Needs Advice Out of DCA
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:38 am
Phoenixtinct

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Why would anyone want to fly out of IAD if it could be avoided especially if they're flying out of DCA on a regular basis right now? Plus since the OP is a loyal US member flying UA and crediting to US is only feasible for another 6 weeks which isn't worth it. If the OP is going to switch might as well bite the bullet and do it now so they can have the entire year to credit to DL.

I'd agree it generally wouldn't be worth the extra stop in CLT at the same time I understand if you want to concentrate on one program. I think it would be unwise to switch to DL for just DCA - ATL and then fly US/AA the rest of the time. You'll end up with Gold or worse on both. You'd be better off crediting everything to AS and then your AA-coded flights and DL-coded flights will both count toward a shared status (AS MVPG or 75k)
While that's theoretically possible, why would one do that if he doesn't fly AS? Yes, there are some tangible benefits for AS elites when flying AA and DL but not worthwhile, in my opinion. Also, AS doesn't have a relationship with US just yet (and it may never will), so flying US wouldn't credit to US and OP will end up with 2 FF programs still - AS' and US'