FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:28 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Deltahater
My position by now is this:

A trip has a value as it relates to time and circumstance. For example, a ski trip to Aspen in December has a different value than a ski trip to Aspen in August.

If I hire a wedding photographer, I want him there during the wedding, not the next day.

The RGN trip had a certain value to me at the time I booked it. LX took that from me. A replacement trip now (even if it is the same routing, class of service, etc), has a much lower value, because I need to BUY an additional positioning flight to RGN. I had that as part of my initial trip, but now I need to replace that.

As a result, I expect that LX will do better than just let me travel by Feb 2015. Maybe I am pushing it, but simply putting me through all this and then giving me what I was entitled to back in Sep 2012, won't cut it.

I now expect a RT ticket. (the outbound SAT-RGN can be in Y, as that is what I had before). Why should I have to do pay for another OW ticket to RGN just because LX had a hissy fit?

I understand the CTA won't grant me that. A court in the US might very well, as this is part of my damage model.
If your argument is that a replacement ticket will not be useful, indeed will cost cash you're unwilling to spend to implement, then surely you are simply inviting a refund.