FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:21 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by star_world

I shudder to think what you will do when an AA employee takes a dislike to the new US rules and scowls at you while giving you a cheeseburger, or takes your meal order the wrong way, or when DL cuts a route that they used to fly for years. With respect, it seems that your tolerance levels may be low
I confess that my standards are high and tolerance for poor service low. That's what happens when you pay premium fares: you expect premium service. Had I upgraded to that experience I likely wouldn't have been as picky. But as I say in my email, the cheeseburger is not the point...it's the tipping point. @:-)

But so long as AA gives paid premium passengers the option of ordering their meal online in advance, I'll never have to worry about ordering anything from an employee...other than some booze. AA sets that expectation...and meets it. UA sets the expectation that I will get my meal preference on account of my elite status...and fails to meet it.

And that's the bottom line: UA sets expectations fairly low, and STILL can't meet them.

Last edited by kokonutz; Feb 19, 2014 at 9:27 am