FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:02 am
star_world
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Not yet. There's really nothing they can say, though, that changes the fact that, as you say, UA simply does not deliver a consistent or competitive product.

Maybe they should have gotten their act together before they tried to lure us back by comping us 1k status.
If this is the measure, UA *never* had its act together. It just used to throw out compensation like candy to placate elites and distract them from how bad it was. Is UA really less competitive now than it used to be, or less consistent? If it is I haven't noticed.

UA was, and still is, a decidedly average airline that flies to a reasonable number of destinations. I've never had any greater expectations of them, and rarely have they exceeded that expectation. They achieve those expectations now, as far as I'm concerned.

I shudder to think what you will do when an AA employee takes a dislike to the new US rules and scowls at you while giving you a cheeseburger, or takes your meal order the wrong way, or when DL cuts a route that they used to fly for years. With respect, it seems that your tolerance levels may be low