FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:09 pm
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i dont get it

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
What is wrong with this hotel?

I am at this hotel right now, and I am experiencing the exact same issues. "Upgraded" to spectacular room (which btw is same size as Wonderful room), and yet Cool Corner Rooms, Studio Suites & Marvelous Suites are all available for sale right now on www.spg.com.

I checked in at almost 6pm, so perhaps they are still trying to "sell" their Suites. Or perhaps the inventory updating is so poor that many categories of room types, they forgot to remove. (I doubt it, and if someone books a Suite now, I wonder what happens. Maybe it will indeed be available.) And since this is a weekday, I would be surprised that the in-house reservation team have "forgotten" to update so many higher category inventories during office hours.

And I too received a pre-placed envelope addressed to my name in the "upgraded" Spectacular Room, exactly suggesting the same thing; they have no intention to honor the SPG Platinum upgrade policy. Naughty? Or blatant disregard of SPG rules?

And with the rest of the Starwood in Bangkok giving complimentary breakfast to Platinums, W Bangkok is the odd one out to insist this as a Platinum amenity.

And the rate of W is almost close to St Regis Bangkok and much more expensive than Sheraton Grande and Westin Bangkok.

i had a couple of stays at this hotel, and got,

Fantastic, Marvellous and Cornersuite as upgrades.
I had to chose the free breakfast, but whats wrong if a hotel is not giving you free breakfast?

even the hotel has to compete with other hotels, i am happy i can trade away 500 points to receive free breakfast. if you are a frequent spg guest, you are earning a lot points every year, the 500 points are a great deal if you stay more than one night.

i value 500 points = 500bht = 10 Euro, so for 10 Euro i can buy a breakfast for a whole week at the W BKK, thats a great deal for me. even for two nights ,its a great deal, and even for one night, its a great deal if you are two pax.

just my 2 bagels