FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 am
rtalk25

Originally Posted by 15bachman
I suppose my question, is can you really connect flights with Frontier? I mean even if you could, Im in Cleveland, I could hop the flight to TTN, but thats on a sunday, its going to be slower, how long of a layover will I have? Whats the draw with this low frequency structure. Its very frustrating, yet its proven fine for their business model.
F9 doesn't offer thru flights in TTN or connections in TTN. I know it has a thru flight on TTN-MDW-DEN but that's a thru in MDW. The flight legs aren't discounted really (it's not like TTN-MDW-DEN is cheaper in fare than TTN-MDW) whereas other carriers like Southwest does discount flights as such (e.g. WN discounts BWI-MDW-MSP and it's cheaper in fare often than BWI-MDW. Same with PHL-ATL-JAX that's cheaper often than PHL-ATL. WN also does a lot of thrus, with no plane change, like PHL-DEN-SFO that has been operated for years. The no plane change is good for pax that can't afford a nonstop but want the second best thing to getting a nonstop. But personally, I like getting out of the plane for a long flight if I can't get a nonstop).

Besides TTN-MDW-DEN, does F9 have any thru flights?

Spirit has thru flights and connections sold, but I don't think it discounts it like Southwest and the legacies. I wonder if Frontier will adopt an approach like Spirit (although I doubt connections will ever be offered at TTN).

Last edited by rtalk25; Feb 18, 2014 at 10:35 am