FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:36 am
jamesb2147

Originally Posted by jamesb2147
Yes, and this is part of the verification process. IDK what Citi would do to you when they caught you, but they do not want you signing up for a card with your wife's AA account.

A few letters not matching, or a nickname, might involve some correspondence but is likely acceptable in Citi's view.

EDIT: I can't seem to find the language in the T&C. Can someone point to a definitive, written answer? Everyone I've ever heard speak about this used the language "MUST MATCH."
Answered my own question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...first-275.html

FAQ question 8:

8. Do I have to use my own AAdvantage number on applications?
Yes. The name on the card application must match the name on the AAdvantage account. You cannot apply for multiple cards for different people and use the same AAdvantage account number. AA does not care how many Citi accounts you have so there is no harm in having your AAdvantage account number associated with multiple cards in your name. If you forget to add your AAdvantage account number to your application, an AAdvantage account in your name will be created and can later be merged with your existing account by calling AA.