FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:50 pm
FiveMileFinal

Programs: Lawl COVID
Just flew my last United flights last week - BKK-NRT-SFO. Flight went fine, but you can tell it's still a tale of two airlines - one well known PMUA crew resigned to their fate, and another seemingly happy to just be at the party (for those defenders who wanna jump in and say I'm wrong, let me stop you right now - this is my own personal observation, it's probably likely they were both PMUA crews.)

Upper deck was nice as always. But the food is beyond crap, the service, so-so, and the hard product similar. And this is what you get - the bare minimum needed to be considered a global airline. That was fine when you tossed out upgrades like candy to high-tier elites and actually apologized for delays and cancellations. Now that you want people to pay full price, yeah, not so much.

Where next? Well, Cathay is handling my first trip back to Asia. Might try EVA as well, depending on how that goes. Could fall back to Delta if necessary. Don't want to give ANA any money because then Jeffro will get some. Sorry, bad business doesn't deserve business. Europe is wide-open, as is domestic, which will probably be Kayak. I'll try the New American again possibly, but Delta is the only legacy that even remotely has its stuff together. Perhaps even Southwest.