FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:17 am
CRUISINGFLYING4LIFE

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Great benefit comes when MS-ing

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Excuse my ignore but why is everyone giving so much importance to this card? Everywhere I see people are applying for this card. Blogs are suggesting to get it (maybe they get a good commission on this). But even on FT a lot of people are seeking and suggesting this card.

What is so good about it? Isn't Amex Blue and Wells Fargo better than this? Ok I understand WF gives sh***y limits and it has a 6 months period but still there are other cards. Everyone agrees UR points are worth at least 2 cents so why not try focusing on UR cards like Ink, CSP, Freedom etc.
By combining the Arrival card with your UR cards (or AMEX CCs or whatever), you can greatly minimize your spend to almost zero when traveling.

Before you sign up for any card, you should consider your goals for the year. Why do it if you do not plan to travel much?

But if you are a traveler as most here are, then you will churn this card along with your others in your manufactured spend ad-infinitum and love every step of the way to your next awesome holiday.