FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Detroit Airport Boasts New Service, Shanghai Flight Filled by Auto People
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been on the flight a number of times, although I wouldn't say regularly. I'm surprised if not very surprised that it's the highest yielding route at DTW as I would have guessed that NRT or maybe even LHR would be on top. Sometimes the flight is full in BE but not always IME, although coach has looked pretty full in general. I haven't had the impression that there are a lot of full C/J tickets in BE on the days I've flown this route, but this comment is just a very subjective impression. At time, coach seems to be filled with Chinese graduate students studying in American universities and BE with faculty and postdocs, sometimes including families, and Chinese nationals working in high tech/science/engineering/computer science jobs in the USA. Some of the latter would be auto industry folks, but not overwhelmingly so I would say.