FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:19 am
dre_techie

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bartla
Wanted to book an 'easy' oneway award today:

As usual, GRU-BRU didn't return any availability on the M&M site but GRU-MUC did in F and there were plenty of options between MUC-BRU in C too. I was quite surprised the M&M agent told me I was not allowed to combine this availability in one award ticket. She would have to book both segments as separate tickets. (And thus more miles would be required)

Didn't realize the extra Senator award availability is limited this way. Any advice how to handle this one? Book the GRU-MUC in F and keep checking afterwards until M&M releases the GRU-MUC-BRU availability? In worst case, I buy MUC-BRU as revenue ticket. Thanks.
Hmm, married segments issue. Did you try using the SEN waitlist for it or just telling them you see the two segments available as awards? I'm not sure how their system reacts when you have an award on hold (possible without ticketing for up to a week) for GRU-MUC and then you call to add a segment on waitlist to BRU in C.

If that doesn't work and you don't want to book that F award for a single segment, you could:
a) try SEN award waitlist in C (if there's D fare available) and Business works for you
b) book RT F GRU-EU-GRU and add a stopover in MUC (from where you use your revenue MUC-BRU), and then you have a couple of almost free segments in Europe you can use. You could not book a stopover on a O/W award.